This is the dark chocolate version of my Amyzing Salted Carmel Fudge and Salted-Caramel Walnut Truffles from a previous post. It is so wonderful though that I felt it deserved its very own post!
As with all of my recipes, this is super fast, super easy, and incredibly yummy.
Here is what you'll need.
1/2 cup of Amyzing Salted Caramel Sauce (To make your own see my first post!). * See Note
8 ounces of good quality Dark Chocolate (about 1-1/4 cups, chopped or chips)
1/3 teaspoon of fine salt (preferably sea salt)
* Note: You could use another good quality salted caramel sauce for this recipe, but avoid thin sauces or the ganache won't set. If you're not sure, add a bit more chocolate.
1. In the microwave or on the stovetop, heat the caramel sauce together with the salt until it bubbles.
2. Immediately pour the hot caramel over the chopped dark chocolate (or chocolate chips). Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Stir until smooth. Add chopped walnuts if desired. (If there are a few bits of un-melted chocolate that's fine.)
4. Pour the mixture onto parchment or wax paper and chill in the fridge until set. For Fudge, garnish with chopped walnuts if desired.
5. When the ganache is set, cut into squares for fudge, or for Truffles, roll into bite-sized balls and cover with finely chopped walnuts (or any nuts you like.). Enjoy!